Summer is my favourite season: long days, balmy nights, frosty drinks, lounging by the sea...
|Huntington Beach, CA|
I am desperately in need of some lounging by the ocean, possibly with a frozen piña colada; unfortunately, since we moved inland I don't live very close to the beach. I have been missing the sea and sand so much that I decided to do a beachy makeup look using my Urban Decay Book of Shadows IV. I got the Book of Shadows IV(4) palette on Hautelook a while ago and I absolutely love all the sparkly, shimmery beauteousness. Honestly I could just use Urban Decay shadows for the rest of my life and die happy☺♥ The shades in this Book of Shadows really remind me of the beach and the ocean, so it was the perfect palette for the look I was going for.
- Missha Perfect Cover BB Cream, No 31
- Smashbox Softlights & Blush Duo in Undercover: the Softlights to highlight my nose bridge and cheekbones and the blush on the apples of my cheeks
- ELF Studio Concealer Pencil & Brush in Light under my eyes
- NYX Auto Eyebrow pencil in Medium Brown
- Urban Decay Primer Potion in Sin
- Urban Decay Hijack on the outer lower lashline
- Urban Decay Skimp on the inner lower lashline
- Urban Decay Zephyr on the inner eye/tear duct area
- Urban Decay Baked on the outer lid
- Urban Decay Midnight Cowgirl on the inner part of the lid
- Urban Decay Zephyr used to blend out to the browbone
- Dolly Wink Long Mascara
- GEO Angel Blue Circle Lenses
- OCC Lip Tar in Yaoi, blended with a clear gloss
Can I just say that I am so addicted to OCC lip tars............. they are like magic in a little tube! I also have Anime and Hoochie and I want ALL the lip tars! I love that you can mix them with different things to get different looks, like this pink glossy look I have in this FOTD.
Since the Generation Beauty event, I've been inspired to play a bit more with colour instead of just my usual neutral makeup. Granted, this is still pretty tame, but I'm trying! I follow so many amazing MUAs on instagram and I'm always awed by their perfect application of highly saturated shades; I need to work on my technique more so I can step my colour game up! Incidentally I wasn't even going anywhere the day I did this look, I ended up going.... grocery shopping. My husband came home just as I was about to go to the grocery store and was all "Where are you going? Are you meeting someone? Why are you so made up?"... I told him I was meeting my boyfriend on the side :p lol.