Beauty Box 5 is a beauty subscription service where you get 5 cosmetic samples (some full sized, some sample sized) delivered to your door each month. There are a few of these subscription services out there, but they differ in the quality of the samples, the brands offered etc. I've never subscribed to a monthly beauty box before, but I've considered doing it many times.
Wit Beauty Box 5, you can choose to pay month to month, or have a longer subscription. The prices are as follows (from the Beauty Box 5 website):
My one big question has been, for what you pay each month is it worth it? I've seen people post about beauty subscriptions that are basically glorified sample boxes, full of sample size products that you'd usually get for free and they end up feeling ripped off. My first Beauty Box 5 is NOT one of those boxes.
This is the November box!
This is what I received in the November box. There are 3 full sized products and a full single pack mask! The card inside gives you the value of the full sized product, so keep that in mind when you're working out the value of the box. Not including the sample of Aveeno body wash, the other full sized products come to a value of $30.46, so you're getting almost triple value for your $12 subscription, even more if you pay quarterly/yearly. I like the products I received because they were mostly things I needed or wanted to try, but some people may not prefer getting mostly beauty/skincare items instead of makeup. Every month is different though, last month I got a preview box and it had a full size ModelCo lip liner and a mini Nubar nail polish.
Now let me tell you a little more about the products from my experience...
1. Secret Clinical Strength Antiperspirant & Deodorant: I was actually going to go and buy a new deodorant the day that I received this box, so it was perfect timing! I haven't tried the invisible solid deodorants, usually getting the gel ones, but I really like this one! It feels less sticky than the gel and doesn't leave white marks.
2. Montagne Jeunesse Glacial Cooling Face Mask: Ok, I was expecting this to be one of those clay masks that is actualy like runny clay, that you squeeze out and rub onto your face... NOPE! It's actually a fabric mask that you place on, much like the asian beauty masks. I haven't tried this yet, but I am REALLY looking forward to it. They are a natural and cruelty free beauty company and they have the most delicious sounding ingredients in their masks. Check out their website for more details: Montagne Jeunesse.
3. Body Drench Lip Drench: The lip balm flavour I got was Pomegranate. It is SO GOOD. It smells just like a fresh pomegranate and feels really nice and hydrating on my lips.I was a bit like "$4.99 for a lip balm?" *WTF face* but it really smooths and hydrates and lasts for a long time. And plus, it's pomegranate *swoon*.
4. Bellapierre Cosmetics Shimmer Powder: The shade I received was called Storm. It is a loose mineral eyeshadow which is a very shimmery silver grey. It was easily blendable and went from a darker grey when packed on to a lighter silver when blended out.
I don't really use loose eyeshadow much, so I may give this one away. It's a pretty shade though, perfect for Winter! I've never heard of this brand before, so it's nice to be introduced to new products. They seem to focus on mineral makeup, with everything from eyeshadow to foundation and even nail polish. Check out their website for more info: Bellapierre Cosmetics.
5. Aveeno Positively Nourishing Calming Body Wash: I didn't test the body wash, but it's nice that they give you an actual travel sized bottle rather than just a little sachet. Aveeno is an ok brand, I have a few Aveeno products in the house, but I don't go out of my way to ONLY buy Aveeno.
Also included in the November Beauty Box 5 was a coupon booklet. It has a bunch of high value coupons, including an free Secret Clinical Strength deodorant which is worth another $7.99! That's pretty darn good value if you ask me.
Overall, I really liked the November box and I'm eagerly anticipating next month's box. I think for what was included, it's well worth the $12 and I haven't been disappointed by anything I received.
Look out for my review of the December Beauty Box 5 next month!