It's February! The shortest month of the year and also the month of my favourite holiday. Ah, Valentine's Day. I love hearts, pink, chocolate and giving/receiving gifts, and V-Day is all that rolled into one! My husband isn't as much of a Valentine's Day enthusiast, I think he needs to take a crash course in date planning or something. Last year he actually got me a gift (after I complained about me being the only one to buy gifts the year before ), but I planned everything, dinner, babysitter etc etc. I would love for him to just surprise me with a completely planned date one of these days, but I think he's afraid that he'll do it and then I'll complain because I don't like what he's planned lolol. Anyway, in order to once again psych myself up for my favourite holiday, I'm going to be doing a series of V-Day themed nail art! Today I have for you this ridiculously blingy, in your face with glitter tape manicure.
My camera freaked out completely trying to capture the dazzling gloriousness of holographic glitter, so it's hard to see but the red polish (Zoya Kimmy) has a gold shimmer and is actually quite sparkly.
For this manicure I used painter's tape instead of scotch tape and I feel like it gave a cleaner line.
- First I did 3 coats of China Glaze Glistening Snow.
- Then 1 coat of quick dry top coat so they would be fully dry when I stuck the tape on
- Then cut out the heart shapes in the painter's tape.
- For the index finger, I made a heart shaped cut out in a piece of tape, stuck the tape over my nail and then did one coat of Zoya Kimmy.
- For the ring finger, I cut out a piece of tape shaped like a heart and then stuck it on my nail and painted over with one coat of Zoya Kimmy.
- I then did another coat of top coat.
CG Glistening Snow is a lot thicker and gloopier than Zoya Kimmy, so it was easier to use Kimmy on top of GS instead of the other way around.
Look out for more Valentine's Day manicures from me, as well as a couple of makeup looks :) I'm going to be trying to do a couple of videos as well!