With prom around the corner, Summer weddings and many other formal events, I’m sure plenty of you are looking for advice for how you or your daughters/sisters/nieces etc should do your hair while still staying on budget.
Today I have a few of the hottest prom/formal hair trends for 2012 from stylists at LifeSpa that are super easy to replicate at home.
- These braids are a twist on the classic French braid and are actually called inside out French braids
- Start with three sections of hair at the hairline and instead of braiding over, braid from underneath starting with the backmost length
- Incorporate hair closest to the hairline braiding back towards the ear
- Secure the braid with a bobby pin
- Gather three sections of adjacent hair and repeat
- Once braids are secure, pull hair back into a bun
- Accessorize with a clip-in flower, feathers or a hair clip
Messy Side Bun
- Pull hair into a low side bun and secure with an elastic
- Take the ponytail and gather hair into a ball in your hands
- Secure using an elastic and wrapping it a few times
- Pull hair at the roots to add some volume
Flawless Ballerina Bun
- Secure hair in a high ponytail
- Tease the ponytail to add volume
- Twist hair clockwise into a tight bun, leaving about an inch of hair out at the bottom
- Secure bun with large bobby pins
- Wrap remaining hair around once and pin it or leave it out for a messier look
YOU MUST ENSURE THAT THERE IS A LIFESPA LOCATION NEAR YOU BEFORE ENTERING!
These are the conditions for entering:
- Go to the LifeSpa website.
- Click the big orange button that says "Find a local LifeSpa." and search for your location.
- Leave a comment on this blog post indicating which LifeSpa location you would go to for your free Prom or updo hair service.
Terms & Conditions: The service is valid at any LifeSpa location. The service received has to be a prom hair style or up-do. Free service must be used by June 30, 2012. You must be a resident of the United States, 13 or older and be near a LifeSpa location. If the winner does not respond to claim the prize within a reasonable amount of time, Beauty Mamas reserves the right to pick another winner. For any questions or more information, please email
Giveaway ends 5/5/2012 12:59pm PST