I'm still thinking about what I'm going to put on my nails for the 4th of July holiday here in the States, so I thought I'd post an inspiration that I may try out: Drag Art!
Drag art is one of the biggest nail trends right now. With Red Carpet Manicure, the first at home – LED gel system, there are multiple ways of accomplishing this effect, and this is a step by step guide provided straight from RCM's Nail Technicians to achieve Patriotic nails for the 4thof July.
L - R: Red Carpet Reddy, Drop Dead Gorgeous, White Hot
Tips from Red Carpet Manicure Nail Technician, Danielle Candido:
- Paint the whole nail with Red Carpet Reddy
- Before curing the second coat of color, take a striping brush and lay down a stripe of Drop Dead Gorgeous. Do not cure this layer.
- Clean the brush and lay down a stripe of White Hot either right next to the first stripe or even down the center of the first stripe. Do not cure this layer.
- Clean the brush.
- Next, with the thin edge of the flattened striping brush, pull the tip of the brush through all the lines in a pre-determined pattern and cure.
- Apply a thin coat of Brilliance Top Coat. Cure and wipe with Purify.
The nail art in the picture was done using regular nail polish, using this tutorial video.
Now, the HUGE benefit in using gel polish is that it wont dry until you cure it. This gives you unlimited time to perfect your design and clean up before curing it under the light.
I'm definitely going to try it out (Check out my attempt HERE!). What have you got in mind for 4th of July/Independence Day/Canada Day if you celebrate it?