I have been a little absent lately, after the whole Blogger kerfuffle I got caught up doing a website design (my side job)and haven't really had time for posting! To bribe your forgiveness I give you this FOTD post :D
The Hello Kitty Memoirs of a Kitty Say Hello Palette is a mouthful to say, but what a pretty mouthful it is. The cherry blossom design still gives me that warm, fuzzy feeling when I look at it... I'm such a sucker for cutesy stuff! I digress.. I promised you a FOTD using this palette and so now I am delivering ;)
I labelled the shades since they aren’t named or anything. Just to make them easier to describe and so you know which one I’m talking about.
- Missha Perfect Cover BB Cream, No. 31
- Palette Blush, No. 1 (Peach)
- Urban Decay Primer Potion, in Sin
- Palette Eyeshadow, No. 4 (Dark Brown) on entire lid
- Palette Eyeshadow, No. 3 (Shimmery Gold) in centre of lid
- Palette Eyeshadow, No. 2 (Light Beige) blended from crease up to browbone
- Palette Eyeshadow, No. 1 (Shimmery Ivory) in inner corner
- e.l.f. Essential Waterproof Eyeliner Pen in Black
- e.l.f. Studio Eyebrow Kit in Medium
- Milani COLOR BRILLIANCE eyeliner in 04 Purple
- Maybelline The Falsies mascara in Blackest Black
- Victoria’s Secret Beauty Rush lip gloss in Sugar High
The palette shades were all really easy to work with, they went on smoothly and blended well. They aren’t the most pigmented, so you end up with a more subtle, natural look, and I added the Milani liner for a little pop of colour. I absolutely love the blush, the soft peach colour is perfect for my skintone and it blended beautifully, leaving me with a natural flush. Wear time was great, my makeup pretty much lasted all day, through playing with the kids, going out to all you can eat pizza, playing arcade games, up til 11pm that night (when I took it off).
I will definitely be using this palette a lot in my everyday makeup, it’s pretty, wearable and long lasting. I am so happy I got this one, the packaging is just so cute and the colours suit my skintone well. The powders are also a good size and great quality so I think it’s pretty good value for money.
Are you planning to buy any of the Sephora Hello Kitty Memoirs of a Kitty collection? I might have to go pick up a few more things :)